It's all in the ingredients: Vatika Oil

Before I purchase a new hair product, I always check out the ingredients to see what's packed inside.  If there's nothing that I recognize as a good or quality ingredient, I won't buy it.

My all-time favorite hair oil is Vatika Oil.  It's mainly coconut oil, but it's got a few other ingredients in it, which are commonly used in Ayurvedic Hair Care Regimens.  I use hair oils for sealing in moisture, soothing dry itchy scalp (that comes with dryer winter weather), and adding shine.  Here is a run down of the ingredients of Vatika Oil and what they claim to contribute:

It's rare that you can find a product that has some many naturally occurring quality ingredients.  While I can't attest for the claims presented for each of the ingredients individually, together they are Magnifique!  The only place that I've been able to find Vatika Oil (other than on the internet) has been my local Indian Food Market.  I had to visit a few Indian Markets before I was able to find one that was authentic enough.  The one I found is very authentic, like english is a second language -- authentic.  I get 10.14 oz (300ml) for $4.99.  There's also a bottle about half that size for $2.50.  But if you can't find Vatika Oil, Pure Coconut oil is a great replacement (available at whole foods, trader joes and most supermarkets).

Warning: Coconut oil's melting point is high therefore on cold days you will find that the oil has solidified.  Easy fix: place the bottle under warm running water or pop it into the microwave for a few seconds. 

Helpful Tip: To avoid greasy hair don't be heavy handed with it; a little goes a long way.  Apply the oil to your hair in sections.  I typically do it in 4 (2 in front and 2 in back).