I saw this TAG on Affair With Beauty's Blog and thought it was cute. So, I tagged myself, lol. Check out her answers: here.
1. Why did you start taking better care of your hair?
I moved to a new state and could not for the life of me find a decent hair stylist to do my hair. So, I had to bite the bullet and figure out how to do my hair on my own.
2. What are your 2 favorite hair products?
Chi Silk Infusion and Vatika Oil.
3. Who's hair did you admire as a child?
I didn't admire anyone's hair.
4. What is your ultimate goal length?
5. How are you going to celebrate when you reach it?
I'm going to try to rock those Kim Kardashian signature curls. They probably won't be hot when I do reach waist length, but I'd have WAIST LENGTH hair. Soooo...who gon' check me, boo?
6. Two styles you want to try at your goal length?
Kim K. Curls: obvi! And I'd probably do braid/twist outs more often since they're super easy.
7. Which do you prefer: Health or Length?
Is this a trick question? ::looks around for hair police:: Does anybody want raggedy long hair?!? I'll take Health for $500, Alex.
8. Which do you prefer: hair ties with no metal parts or butterfly clips?
Hair ties: all day, every day -- no problem.
9. What products do you prefer: salon brands, organic brands, BSS brands or drugstore brands?
10. Which product/technique do you think is over-rated?
Baggying. I just don't get it (and I don't think I ever will).
11. Which product/technique do you think is under-rated?
The comb chase method. It changed my life -- seriously.
12. What is your favorite part of your hair regimen?
Rinsing. There's nothing more relaxing than feeling water tap dance on your scalp. sigh... I could sit under running water for hours.
13. What is the most annoying part of your hair regimen?
Sitting under the hair dryer. Ugh...under one right now.
14. Oils or butters?
15. Bun or Ponytail?
Buns are my go-to style.
16. Wig or Weave?
17. What is your opinion of growth aids?
Do you. I'm not sure if they work or not but there isn't much out there that is more effective (and good for you) than a healthy diet - full of water and protein.
18. What length do you consider long?
Armpit Length (APL).
19. When is the last time you've been to a salon?
20. What do you like to surf most: youtube channels, personal blogs or hair forums?
I love them all but, most of my time goes to Hair Forums, Long Hair Care Forum to be exact.
21. And finally, what piece of advice would you give to someone just starting out on their hair journey?
Patience is KEY. Average hair growth is 1/2 inch each month, so what ever length you are in pursuit of it is going to take time!
Now, TAG you're it!!