Product Review: Chi Silk Infusion

In honor of my recent decision to put away my flat iron, I've decided to do a product review of Chi Silk Infusion:



IngredientsCyclomethicone*, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Panthenol, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, D&C Yellow 11, D&C Red 17, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Boron Nitride Powder

The ClaimCHI Transformation System Silk Infusion helps strengthen your hair, providing incredible softness, manageability and shine without any build-up. Alcohol free, enriched with pure silk and wheat and soy proteins.



Why I bought it? I needed a heat protectant that worked like a serum, boosting shine and ensuring softness when I flat ironed my hair.

My Review: This product truly delivers.  It leaves my hair silky soft after flat ironing.  I apply a quarter sized amount to my hair and it instantly changes the feel of my hair.  As great as it is, it does not hold up well in high humidity.  Also, this product has a strong cologne smell to it, which doesn't bother me but I could see it off-putting to others.  Lastly, it's expensive.  I got lucky and found the 6 fl oz. bottle on the clearance shelf of target for $14 and picked up two of them.  But normally they will run you $24 for  that same size.  I know that Sally Beauty Supply carries a generic version of this product called Generic Value Products Silk Remedy, which will cost you less than $10 for 6 oz.  But I haven't tried that one out yet.

Will I buy it again? Of course!  I don't live in a high humidity area and so far I haven't found another cheaper product that delivers in the way that this one does.


Shopping Tip: Products that contain Cyclomethicone are heat protectants. 

Labels: