Relaxer Update #2 - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

The Good: I was 12 weeks post relaxer when I relaxed my hair this weekend -- successful stretch.  I used a mix of Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructer (Protein) and Nexxus Humectress(Ceramides) as my midstep protein during my relaxer session because Ulta stopped selling Redken Extreme Deep Fuel (Protein & Ceramides) and I couldn't find it anywhere else.  Despite the last minute change up the relaxer went smoothly.  And I finished it up with a rollerset.

The Bad: The following day I decided to go for a run and it started raining halfway through my run.  By the time I got back I was drenched and my hair was soaking wet.  A days worth of work on my hair washed away by the rain....  :(  Instead of applying heat for the second day in a row, I let my hair airdry.

The Ugly: As it was airdrying I realized that the front/side edges of my hair were relaxed bone straight.  I freaked out for a couple minutes because I was scared that I might have over processed it.  I'm still not quite sure but for now, my hair is not falling out; it's just bone-straight.  Thinking back on what I did during my relaxer, I know for sure that my edges and nape only got about 5 minutes of processing time.  All I can think is maybe I didn't separate out enough of my edges for less processing time -- I'm not sure.  But once I realized what had been done, I immediately sprayed the edges with Aphogee Kerating & Green Tea Restructurizer to give it some extra strength.  I will continue to watch this area and I hope that this is the worst of it.

Here is my best attempt at a length check.  My hair was airdrying after getting wet in the rain:

I was looking goofy.
Here are my bone straight edges:

Any Suggestions for me?

Labels: , ,