Rollersetting Challenge - Update #1 - The Silk Wrap

Last night was an impromptu wash day, I washed my hair with Nexxus TherrapeDCed with Nexxus Humectress for about 30 minutes (I did the 30 day shred workout in the downtime. yay me! :)); Rinsed it out; Used Roux Fermodyl 619 Extra Strength; and sprayed my hair with Aphogee Green Tea Reconstructor.

Tips that I kept in mind when setting my hair:
It took me about 40 minutes to roll my entire head.  At the end, I sprayed it with my Proclaim Spray On Glosser:


I sat under the hooded dryer for 33 minutes, but I couldn't take it anymore so I let it airdry until bedtime (about 2 hours):




I removed the rollers, wrapped my hair, put my scarf on and went to bed:


The next morning I removed my scarf, wrapped my hair with saran wrap, and sat under the dryer for 10 minutes (I'm not sure it really did anything):

Combed it out and this was the result. It's been almost 8 weeks since my last relaxer and I did NOT flat iron my roots, hence the helmet head (lol).  But I like the straight results overall:



By the end of the day, I was back in a bun... I couldn't help myself: 


And yes, that's just 8 weeks post.  I should get some sort of trophy for making 12 weeks plus...

My Review of this Set: My hair feels smooth and soft.  My roots are a little crazy, but that's nothing a little hair product can't resolve.  However, I wish my hair had a little more shine to it.  Overall I'm happy with the results.  I'd rate the product combination with an 8 out of 10.

Products Used:
Nexxus Therrape
Nexxus Humectress
Roux Fermodyl 619 Extra Strength
Aphogee Green Tea Keratin Reconstructor Spray
Proclaim Spray On Glosser

Labels: , , ,