Relaxer Update #4 - February 2012

My last relaxer was 13 weeks ago (just before Thanksgiving) and I'm sure you remember the pic of my new growth from my recent post -- my roots were not stretched.  Therefore, I made sure to thoroughly detangle my hair; working in six small sections starting at the ends and working my way up to the roots.  It was very time consuming but I eventually got through it all.  Maintaining the six sections, I made horizontal parts and applied Summit Sensitive Scalp to my scalp to protect it from the relaxer.  Once that was done it was finally time to relax my hair.



Products Used After the Relaxer:
Protein Mid Step:  Aphogee 2-Minute Keratin Reconstructor.
Neutralizing Shampoo: Mizani Phormula 7 Neutralizing/Chelating Shampoo and then Elasta QP Stop Action Neutralizing Shampoo with Color Alarms
Deep Conditioner: GVP Conditoning Balm for an hour
Leave-in Conditioner: Aphogee Green Tea Keratin Spray.

Style: Rollerset; Sat under the dryer for an hour; Removed the rollers (sadly my hair was still damp, but I was tired); Finger combed my hair into a high bun and went to bed.

The next day, I rocked a side twist with a headband:


Labels: ,