March Update - Rollersetting Challenge 2012


We're at the half way point of the rollersetting challenge and I am so proud of myself.  First of all, for all but one wash this year, I've rollerset my hair, which is a lot more consistency than I anticipated.  That accomplishment is thanks to the other challengers who I've been following -- they've definitely kept me motivated.  And being able to go longer in between washes with a rollerset has kept me on track as well.  Second, I have not used any direct heat at all!!  Yes, you heard me, no flat irons, curling irons or blowdryers for 3 whole months.  Since I've done so well without direct heat, I'm going to try to finish out the last three months of this challenge without it.  Finally, I have been thoroughly enjoying the smooth results that these sets yield as opposed to my typical airdrying results.  All in all, my hair has been good to me and I definitely thank the rollersets for it all.


Now, if I'm going to give you the good, I've got to share the bad (or rather the not so good) with you.  As much as I love my rollerset hair, I'm not filled with jubilation as I'm rollersetting my hair.  While I can get through the 30-40 minute process of setting my hair with little to no complaints, the thought of sitting under the hair dryer makes me crazy.  I'll often force myself to sit under there for 20-30 minutes just to cut down on the air drying time, which can take hours.  I've gotten so accustomed to the easy breezy process of airdrying immediately after rinsing the conditioner that anything more than that feels like such an ordeal.

Call me lazy if you must, but I'm just saying this challenge takes some work.  To my credit, I have been rollersetting with each and every wash since this challenge started.  And as much as I dread the process, I am loving the results.  Straighter hair that doesn't really tangle to the point of requiring serious detangle sessions, so overall I'm happy about this challenge.  For the month of March, I set once with magnetic rollers and airdried once by just letting my freshly washed hair lay down straight as possible while time and gravity did most of the work.  I'll be rollersetting again this weekend, but I'll just include it in my April update.



My only Rollerset this month was with Magnetic Rollers.
Shampoo: Nexxus Therrape
Deep Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm
Leave-in Conditioner: Aphogee Green Tea Keratin Reconstructor
Oil: Vatika Oil
Style: I attempted to style it but in frustration, it ended up in one.



To ensure that I keep up with the second half of this challenge, I'll continue to wash every 10 to 14 days.  I hope all the other rollersetting challengers out there are still going strong!  I'm looking forward to seeing your updates for the month of March. :)

Labels: , ,