April Update - Rollersetting

The month of April just flew by but I did manage to get three sets in this month and I'm starting to get better at styling them.  The styling technique that has made all the difference: Pin Curls!  Add 4 to 6 pin curls immediately after removing the rollers, tie the hair down with a scarf and viola!  The last picture displays the results from that technique -- Check me out! :)  I may do a tutorial if I can recreate this several more times.  More details about my April rollersets after the jump...





1: Magnetic Rollers
Shampoo: GVP Tea Tree Shampoo
Deep Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm
Leave-in Conditioner: Aphogee Green Tea Keratin Resturcturizer


It wasn't all the way dry when I removed the rollers so it was doomed for a little frizziness.  This rollerset went straight into a bun, but I did take this pic above.

2: Magnetic Rollers
Pre-poo: Honey for an hour
Shampoo: GVP Tea Tree Shampoo
Protein Treatment: Aphogee 2 minute Reconstructor
Leave-in Conditioner: GVP The Conditioner Leave-in treatment

I attempted to pincurl these curls for bed, but the next morning, I decided to just wear it a curly high ponytail.  My hair was smooth and shiny after this set.  I really like this combination of products better than the last one, so I'll likely continue with this for a few weeks.


Throughout the week, I pincurled it at night and either wore it in a bun or down (like above) depending on my mood and the weather outside.

3: Magnetic Rollers
Pre-Poo: Honey, EVOO, GVP Conditioning Balm for 2 hours
Shampoo: GVP Tea Tree Shampoo
Protein Treatment: Aphogee 2 minute Reconstructor
Leave-in Conditioner: GVP The Conditioner and Aphogee Green Tea Restructurizer

While setting my hair, I noticed it was stiffer than usual, so I'll skip the Protein Treatment next time.  Once I finished rolling my hair it was entirely too late to wait for it to dry under the dryer or otherwise, so I slept in the rollers.  It wasn't the most comfortable night's rest, but when I woke up my hair was 100% dry:


The next morning, I pincurled and tied it down with a scarf for almost an hour.  The Result:


This is probably my best styled curly roller set to date and I'm 9 weeks post relaxer in this pic.  Unfortunately the fabulousness was short lived because of the humidity/rain that soon came.  I'll try to recreate this look with future rollersets . . . hopefully it wasn't a fluke.

Labels: , ,