Do you know what today is....

...No, it's not my anniversary, but it is Relaxer Day.  I ended this stretch at 12 weeks and you can check out the details on today's relaxer below...



I used my favorite relaxer again, pictured above and I used the Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus as my mid step protein.  Left it in for 5 minutes, rinsed thoroughly.  Neutralized/Chelated with Mizani Phormula-7 Shampoo.  Checked to make sure the my hair was properly neutralized using Elasta QP Stop Action Shampoo with color alarms -- and it was.  Then I applied Roux Porosity Control for a minute, rinsed it, and towel dried my hair.  The pictures below show my hair at this point in the process:

I'm not sure that I've ever shown my hair wet with no product but yeah that's it and it's not relaxed bone straight.  It's just a little wavy.  My relaxer day will end with a deep conditioning treatment, blow dry/flat iron and....

...a much needed trim.  My ends have been barely there for the past few months and I think I've come to a point where I feel more comfortable trimming my hair more often than once a year.  At the moment I'm thinking that I might trim with every relaxer (or at the very least, every other relaxer).  It might mean that it takes a little longer to reach my ultimate goal, but I'm ok with that, especially now that I'm finally made it to my first goal of Bra Strap Length.

At the moment, I'm deep conditioning, but I'll be back later this week with a post on my trim and current length wearing my length check t-shirt.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Labels: ,