Weeks 1-4 Without Heat | .:: Grow With Me::.

Five weeks ago I decided to banish heat from my hair regimen in the hopes of maximizing my growth retention.  Determined to do this for at least 10 weeks successfully, I immediately started brainstorming on how I could reconfigure my hair regimen to meet the needs of my new hair goal: Soft, Smooth and Manageable Air Dried Hair.  And because this challenge was meant to be a short term plan, I knew I wanted to find what I needed in my current stash of hair products--I don't need to be experimenting with any new hair products (see below for shameful evidence).


In my defense this includes skin care products as well. :) :)
After the jump you'll see what I've been doing with my hair from week to week.  I'm still fine tuning my hair regimen but I'm getting closer to my goal with each week.  For more on my thought process as I put together this air dried hair regimen, check out the video below:

Week 1
Hot Oil Treatment/Pre-Poo: Grapeseed Oil
Shampoo: Organic Root Stimulator Creamy Aloe Shampoo
Deep Conditioner: GVP Moisturizing Conditioner
Leave-in Treatment: Roux Treatment & Shine 619 Moisture System for Dry Hair
Moisturizer: Darcy's Botanical Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Creme
Sealant: Elasta QP Anti-Frizz Silkening Polisher

Week 2
Hot Oil Treatment/Pre-Poo: Not Applicable
Shampoo: Organic Root Stimulator Creamy Aloe Shampoo
Deep Conditioner: GVP Moisturizing Conditioner
Leave-in Treatment: Roux Treatment & Shine 619 Moisture System for Dry Hair
Moisturizer: Elasta QP Recovery Anti-Breakage Oil Moisturizer
Sealant: Vatika Enriched Coconut Oil

Week 3
Pre-Shampoo: Suave Sleek Conditioner
Shampoo: Organic Root Stimulator Creamy Aloe Shampoo
Deep Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm
Leave-in Treatment: Roux Treatment & Shine 619 Moisture System for Dry Hair
MoisturizerElasta QP Recovery Anti-Breakage Oil Moisturizer
Sealant: Vatika Enriched Coconut Oil

Week 4
Hot Oil Treatment/Pre-Poo: Grapeseed Oil and Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Shampoo: Organic Root Stimulator Creamy Aloe Shampoo
Deep Conditioner: GVP Moisturizing Conditioner
Leave-in Treatment: Roux Treatment & Shine 619 Moisture System for Dry Hair
Serum: Elasta QP Anti-Frizz Silkening Polisher
MoisturizerElasta QP Recovery Anti-Breakage Oil Moisturizer
Sealant: Vatika Enriched Coconut Oil


Quick Question 
Are Caruso Steam Rollers a heat tool (direct or indirect)?  It uses hot steam to create the curls, but is it heat in the damaging sense?  I'd love to hear your thoughts because I'm thinking about experimenting with my Caruso Steam rollers in the next few weeks.

Labels: , ,