How To | Detangle

With 12 weeks of new growth and a 5 day old Bantu Knot Out to deal with, I thought this would be the perfect time to show you all how I detangle my hair.  Check out the steps outlined below and the supplemental video, too!

Step One
Grab a small section of hair.  I like to start at my nape and work my way up to the front.  How small of a section you decide to grab will be based off of how tangled your hair is.  On a typical wash day I'll end up grabbing about four sections overall.  But for this wash day, I grabbed about maybe eight or ten sections.

Step Two
Spray that section lightly with water.  

Step Three
Step Four
Grab another small section and repeat steps two and three until you've detangled your entire head of hair.

You might have noticed that I did not use a fine or medium tooth comb at all.  I never do (unless I'm roller setting).  That's just my personal motto.  I think it helps to minimize how much breakage I get. 



About This Wash Day 
It was also my 'relaxer prep' wash day.  
Pre-Poo: Suave Sleek Conditioner 
Shampoo: Mizani Phormula 7
Protein Treatment: Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus
DC: L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm
Leave-in: Generic Value Products The Conditioner
Serum: Chi Silk Infusions 
Polisher: Proclaim Glosser
I flat ironed my hair and below are the results.


I'm currently deep conditioning from my relaxer day.  
Relaxer Update blog post coming soon...

Labels: , , ,