Reader Question: Wet Wrapping

I got this question in my tumblr ask box and I wanted to know what you all thought about wet wrapping.  I've never tried to use it as a styling method, but I've seen it done at the hair salon before.  It seems like it'd be a good way to air dry or at least a quick and easy option for straighter hair with indirect heat from a hooded dryer.  Below was my response, but I'd love to hear what you all think.

The only real danger I could foresee with wet wrapping is breakage.  Manipulating your hair when wet could cause some breakage depending upon what your hair texture is like when wet.  If you’re not experiencing anything more than minimal breakage, and it gets your hair the way that you like, I say keep it up (especially if it’s helping you to avoid heat tools).  But if you start to worry about it, don’t avoid this technique completely, just do it in moderation. 
I would try wet wrapping too, but I just know that my wet hair texture is too difficult to stand up to the process wrapping.  I feel like the straighter your hair is when wet, then the more likely wet wrapping will work for you.  Good luck to you!
 So, what's been your experience with wet wrapping? Have you tried it? Did you like? Would you give it a try?
Yay or Nay?

Labels: ,