Thanksgiving weekend here and I thought this would be the perfect time to make this post. Because I am so so so thankful for all of my subscribers, readers, random drive-by readers, and especially thankful for those of you who comment making me feel a little less alone out here in the blogosphere. I really appreciate you all very much.
And I also want to send big Thank Yous to Candice of Healthy Hair Diary, Courtnea of Finally Growing, KLP of Relaxedthairapy, and Harlem of With Love From Harlem: Healthy Hair Journey for nominating me for your various awards. I am so thankful to have you lovely ladies in my blogger realm. I wanted to acknowledge all of your blogs as well as answer the questions in each of your TAGS. Plus, I think it'll give all of you a little more 'intell' on me. :) Each tag was pretty much the same in that it asked me to provide 11 random facts about myself and answer the questions provided by the person who tagged me. However, since I have 44 questions to answer, I'll skip the 11 random fact part. :p
- What is your favourite colour? I don't have a favorite, but I'm drawn towards yellows, reds and oranges.
- Describe your hair in 3 words. Black, Long and Healthy.
- What length do you consider long hair? Bra Strap Length.
- How many blogs do you follow? 63 blogs through friend connect.
- What is your most expensive hair purchase to date? My hooded dryer: ~$80
- Pink or red nails, which do you prefer? Red nails.
- Do you have any hobbies, share at least 2? My Hair and my Blog.
- What is your favourite TV series? Grey's Anatomy.
- Are you left or right handed? Right handed
- Have you ever been to the Caribbean, which islands? Jamaica, Bahamas, Dominican Republic, St. Marteen, and a lot of others.
- Do you have any siblings? Yes, One brother.
- What's your favorite food? Hot/Buffalo Wings (roasted though--not fried).
- What product can you absolutely NOT live without? Lotion. My skin gets so dry especially this time of year.
- What is your #1 favorite deep conditioner? Nexxus Humectress. She's been by my side for years and I doubt, I'll ever let her go.
- What's your favorite holiday and why? Thanksgiving! Food, Friends and Family -- Can't mess that up.
- What's your favorite protective style? BUNS!! lol, like you didn't already know that.
- What's your biggest hair fear? Losing my edges. I'm always spot checking them. And I occasionally rub JBCO on them for good measure.
- Since all of the lovely ladies that I've nominated are relaxed why have you chosen to remain relaxed? Because I love my relaxed hair. Plus, I remember working with my natural hair before getting my first perm/relaxer, so the urge to "see what my natural hair is like" isn't really there. I
like love my hair right now and I just want to see it continue to flourish. Of course I'll never say never, but right now, I just can't see myself going natural. :)
- How long did it take you to find your staple moisturizer? I found my current favorite (Elasta QP Recovery) last year (at 3 years), but I thought I had a staple before that.
- What is your favorite thing about Christmas? Seeing family.
- How do you keep yourself encouraged while on your hair journey? Looking back at past length checks pictures.
- If you could buy one thing at this very moment what would it be? Tickets to the Duke-UNC football game on Saturday. Go Duke!
KLP's Questions: What is your favorite…
- Food? Hot/Buffalo Wings
- Hobby? Hair.
- Brand (can be clothes, shoes, etc.)?
- Fragrance? Flowerbomb
- Hair style? Pin curled Roller set.
- Lipstick/Lip gloss color? Revlon: Really Red (Matte)
- TV show? Grey's Anatomy
- Vacation location? Playa Mujeres, Mexico. So peaceful, beautiful and luxurious!
- Artist? BEYONCE! lol. I like her a lot. We been cool (in my head) since back when I saw an article in Right On Magazine (or was it Word Up?) about a new girl group from Houston called Destiny's Child.
- Health and beauty item? Sunblock. I don't leave the house without putting it on my face and neck.
- Styling tool? My magnetic rollers.
- Why did you start blogging? I needed a hobby and started with a food blog after watching "Julie & Julia" but quickly got bored with that. After some time off, I switched things up and started this hair blog in May 2011.
- What is the inspiration behind your blog’s name? Alliteration, lol. I'm simple (and fancy).
- How do you balance your life while trying to maintain you blog? I try to make sure that I publish at least one blog post per week. If you can tell, I've been doing that for a few months now. :$ ... I've been extra busy lately, and so recently it's been a lot of late night (or early mornings) on Thursday, Friday or Saturdays where I'm working on writing a post and/or recording/editing a video to post out each week. So, I say all that to say, I don't have it down to a science yet. I'm still working on it. But thanks for rocking with me while I get it together! :)
- Who is your favorite blogger and why? Jeni from JustGrowAlready because she's got her hair routine down to the point where she seems to never have any set backs. Plus I learn so much about hair from her blog. And Ebony from Longing4Length her blog posts teach me a lot about aspects of hair that I don't know much about - styling, wigs, weaves and so much more. Plus both of them are great writers who give really thorough product reviews and are great resources for new products to give a try.
- What is it that separates your blog from others? My blog posts are mainly about my hair journey, but I try to share my thought process as I encounter new things/struggles/set backs on this journey. I think people who are new to (or considering starting) a hair journey assume that once you are on a hair journey, it's just about finding good hair products and following a set routine. But it's a little more than that. There's a lot of problem solving that goes into to and I try to share a little bit of that on here.
- What is the best thing about blogging? Reading (and replying to) comments.
- How do you choose the topics you post on your blog? Ideas just pop into my head and I have a "future blog posts" notepad on my phone where I write them down. When it's time to write a post, I pick something from that list.
- What is the most important thing that you’ve learned on your hair journey? Be easy when detangling.
- How long have you been on your hair journey? Since August 2009
- What does it feel like when one of your readers say that your blog has helped them? It feels great! This might actually be the best (if not best, definitely second best) part about blogging!
- Name one(and only one) product that you cannot live without. My wide tooth shower comb.
That's all folks! Thanks for reading, commenting and following my blog! I appreciate you!
And Happy Thanksgiving!
Labels: Random, TAG