Relaxer Update | February 2014


Last weekend, I ended my stretch at 12 weeks.  I used Affirm Fiberguard Relaxer (No-Lye) and most of my relaxer day regulars.  With my last stretch, my focus was to continue avoiding heat with the hopes that it would help with my breaking ends.  But when that didn't really do anything to address my thinning ends, I made some additional tweaks to my hair regimen, which I posted about last week.  I still avoided heat but I wasn't shy about drying my roller sets under a hooded dryer either (almost every week after 8 weeks post relaxer).   As you can see in the pictures and video footage below, my tweaks are working.  My ends aren't perfect, but they aren't getting worse, which is what was happening before.  And I'm so relieved.  I just hope that these improvements keep up over the next 12 weeks.

And before I forget to mention it, I did trim about 1-2 inches from my ends.  But you can see from the length comparisons (March 2013 versus February 2014) I still made some progress despite my ends working against me this whole time.    

March 2013


February 2014


^^^THIS is why I take progress pictures, because they really can just change my whole outlook on the status of my hair and pull me out of a rut. 

Relaxer Update Video 

Thanks so much for rocking with me, ladies.  

Labels: , ,