While looking for a "throwback Thursday" picture for Instagram this week, I came across the pictures from this roller set where I was trying to find a combination of hair products that would add shine to my hair. My previous "recipe" called for:
- Pre-poo/Hot Oil Treatment:
- Ceramide containing Oil. This time I used African Royale Hot 6 Oil
- Chelating Shampoo. Mizani Phormula-7 Chelating and Neutralizing Shampoo
- Instant Conditioner:
- Low pH product to close the cuticle layer of hair. Roux Porosity Control
- Deep Conditioner:
- Ceramide/Smoothing Moisturizing Deep Conditioner. Nexxus Humectress.
- Moisturizing leave-in known for giving sleek results when used with heat. GVP Conditioner
- Protein leave-in with heat protectant. Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer
I had been itching to wear my hair out for some time now and so this rediscovery came right on time. It's a tested regimen that has a high likelihood of giving good roller set results, so I was actually excited to wash my hair on Friday. (Lately it's been feeling like a chore). Here are the results:
I was recording as I took down and styled this roller set. *fingers crossed* I'll have the video edited and uploaded by next weekend. I'll add the link [here
] once it's up.
Labels: My Relaxed Hair, Roller Setting