Relaxer Update | July 2014

Relaxer Prep - I experimented with pre-sectioning the back two sections and it expedited the relaxer application process. (Two Thumbs Up!)
This relaxer stretch ended after 12 weeks.  During this stretch, I flat ironed more than normal, but I also tried to combat that extra heat with a few heat free wash days in the end.  I even skipped my typical blow dry/flat iron routine for my "relaxer prep" wash day last week opting for an indirect heat option to stretch and detangle my new growth.  Below you'll see what I did for this relaxer day and where my hair is now compared to my April 2014 relaxer update.

Relaxer Day Recap. I used Affirm Fiberguard Relaxer (Sensitive Scalp/No-Lye) and followed up with a mid step protein.  For that I used Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner and left it in for about 5 minutes. Then I rinsed and started neutralizing with the Mizani Phormula-7 Neutralizing and Chelating Shampoo.  My deep conditioner was Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner, which I left on for about 30-45 minutes.  I rinsed and T-Shirt dried my hair for about 30 minutes. I applied Generic Value Product's The Conditioner and CHI Silk Infusion as my leave-in treatment and serum/heat protectant respectively.  At this point I blow dried my hair and went to bed.  The next morning I flat ironed my hair spraying each section with Proclaim Spray On Glosser prior to running the flat iron through my hair.  I didn't do an official "trim," but I did search for any split ends as I flat ironed my hair, which I promptly cut out.
Relaxer Day
Relaxer Update Video
For more on where my hair is now, how being pregnant has impacted my hair, and what my plans are for this next stretch check out my video update, otherwise just take a look at my length comparison pics below:

My Previous Length Check - April 2014
April 2014
My Current Length Check - July 2014
July 2014 (No Trim)
My ends are still thin but I'm postponing the trim until my October Relaxer. For now I'm going to enjoy my hair as it is with some more roller sets.  I bought a wrap/set foam that I'm looking forward to trying out (along with some more grey rollers), if you want to see some blog posts about that let me know down below.

Labels: , , ,