Empties Report: Part 2!


Man! I knew having my daughter was going to throw a wrench into my blogging (Check her out on my Instagram page: @fancyflairlady), but six weeks -- sheesh! Sorry about that.  :/ Well, let me tell you that these past few weeks have been iffy for my hair care routine.  Everyone told me that having a baby around was going to be a time suck, but I really thought I'd be able to work through it.  Um, no -- not happening. lol.  I will be back next week with a more complete hair update after I attempt a real wash day.  But in the meantime, I figured that I would share with you my latest Empties Report.  In the last report, I eliminated three hair products, decided to repurchase three and put two on reserves.  To see what my plan is for this latest batch of empty hair products, keep reading...


Generic Value Products Conditioning Balm.  I bought this product years ago on the recommendation of someone from LongHairCareForum and I've been repurchasing it ever since.  This is probably my third or fourth bottle of it.  I use it to deep condition when I roller set or flat iron (heat usage).  It's a great moisturizing deep conditioner.  But it's the back up to my Nexxus Humectress Deep Conditioner.  So, I will not be repurchasing this, since my heat usage wash days don't come too often. ...I'll miss you GVP Conditioning Balm, you've been great!

Elasta QP Stop Action Conditioning Neutralizing Shampoo.  This is a great shampoo that does just what the name says, (1) cleanses; (2) conditions; (3) neutralizes; and as a bonus (4) it has color alarms to make certain that you've properly neutralized your hair after a chemical treatment.  I mean, the color alarms alone are a good enough reason to keep this product around.  Even though I already have a neutralizing shampoo that I'm keeping around and I'm trying to keep things to minimum, I've got to keep this around.  There's just something to be said for having a product that provides a litmus test of certainty when dealing with chemical treatments at home.
Organic Root Simulator Creamy Aloe Shampoo.  This shampoo was good to me on a week to week basis from the end of 2012 and all of 2013.  But I can't help but think that this product was around when I started to notice my ends thinning.  That alone has me wanting to return to the shampoo that I used before this one (and before my ends started thinning).  I will say that I was warned on several occasions that this shampoo was drying, but because I didn't see any differences in my hair each week, I kept using it.  Even though I don't have definitive proof that this product was the culprit, the coincidence is enough for me to retire this one for good.



Generic Value Products Tea Tree Shampoo.  This is the shampoo that I used weekly before I started using the ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo.  I've been going back and forth between the ORS and this one for the year and I'm still a fan of the Tea Tree Shampoo.   Therefore, I'm repurchasing this one.  And I have no plans of experimenting with other shampoos.  Hopefully, my ends will some improvement...



Bonus Beauty Products

Shea Moisture Argan Oil and Raw Shea Bath Body and Massage Oil.  I bought this because lotions simply weren't moisturizing enough for my skin over the winter months and I'm so glad I got.  It's very moisturizing (lasts all day), absorbs into my dry skin and it didn't leave that oily feel that I was expecting to have.  I'm such a fan and will be (actually I already did) repurchasing this. :)
Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Hibiscus Body Wash.  I missed it when I was picking this product up to try out, but this a sulfate-free body wash.  I don't like it.  I've never not liked something so much before.  It's not cleansing and it's not moisturizing.  I don't get it.  :/
Olay Age Defying Body Wash.  If I hated the Organix Body Wash above, I loved this one.  It creates such a rich lather that cleans and doesn't dry out my skin.  It has a perfume-y scent that I enjoy and it has "age defying" properties, which is a nice little bonus.  I've already repurchased this one. Two thumbs up!










The products that make the cut from this batch of empties:

YES
Elasta QP Stop Action Conditioning Neutralizing Shampoo.
Generic Value Products Tea Tree Shampoo.
Shea Moisture Argan Oil and Raw Shea Bath Body and Massage Oil.
Olay Age Defying Body Wash.
NO
Generic Value Products Conditioning Balm.
Organic Root Simulator Creamy Aloe Shampoo.
Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Hibiscus Body Wash.

Labels: , , ,