Hair Update | October 2014

There's no doubt that my priorities have shifted since having a tiny human to take care of.  These past few weeks, I have not been following my current hair regimen.  Instead of my typical, pre-poo, shampoo, deep condition routine, I've been haphazardly co-washing my hair when I could find the time and moisturizing when I could not.  And as much as I want to believe that doing that was enough, it really hasn't been.  My hair has been looking and feeling rough for a while now, lol.  Once I realized that I had allowed a full month of this foolishness to go on, I became determined to find the time to do a full wash day.  

I knew that I wanted to do a protein treatment as well as a moisturizing deep conditioning treatment because my hair needed everything it could get.  I started with an unintended overnight pre-poo using Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner (my protein treatment).  The next day, I shampooed with GVP Tea Tree Shampoo -- I lathered three times to make sure I got my scalp squeaky clean.  After rinsing I towel dried my hair and applied Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner to deep condition.  It may not look like it below, but I piled on the conditioner.  My hair just drank it up!


After letting the deep conditioner sit in my hair for a few hours, I rinsed it out and decided to do a roller set with magnetic rollers.  I used GVP The Conditioner Leave In Treatment and (*new product alert*) Proclaim Foaming Wrap Lotion before setting my hair with the rollers.


I tried a half and half method for setting the roller as opposed to the mohawk method -- I liked it.  This method made it easier to part my wet (11 weeks post relaxer) new growth and when I removed the rollers my hair fell nicely.  I was actually so happy to see and feel my hair in a decent state, I went kind of overboard with the selfies, lol.


Needless to say, it was good to see my hair again.  I have no intention of neglecting my hair for that long again because I really put my progress in jeopardy.  I technically don't know if I've avoided a set back because I haven't looked at my ends but I kind of don't want to see them right now.  I'm just going to enjoy the view from the front and I will deal with my ends at a later date.  I'm due for a relaxer, which should be happening within the next week or two.  So, we'll see what's really going on with my hair at that time.


Labels: ,