2015: What I'm Looking Forward To...

My Blog! One thing's for certain, I'm looking forward to blogging and vlogging on a more regular basis.  I've had to juggle a bit more these days, but I want to push myself to not let things I enjoy fall by the wayside just because there is more on my plate.  I miss blogging and vlogging, so I'm am looking forward to what's to come for 2015.


 Waist/Hip Length Hair.  I've been chasing this length for years now and it's about time I finally tackle that goal.  With a major trim just around the corner, it may or may not be an attainable goal for this year, but I just refuse to table it.  Got to keep my eyes on the prize!

Twist-Outs. I'd love to rock a twist out more than once a year, but it is so difficult for me to flat twist my own hair.  I don't know why I struggle with it so much.  Even though I understand how to create the flat twist in theory, when it comes down to actually putting the twists in my hair they look so homely.  That homeliness also results in a chaotic looking twist out.  I know I can make my twist outs great.  I just need some more practice.

My Hair Product Stash.  This one is a carry over from last year.  January 2014, I started going through the products in my hair product stash and I thought for sure that I would have been able to get rid of the excess by now.  But I still have more products to get through.  I'm pretty confident I can get my product stash down to just the staples this year.

Exploring Natural Hair Care.  As you may (or may not) know, I've got a daughter with natural hair that I do not plan on relaxing.  I know the basics are pretty much the same, but there are definitely some different things (styles, products, techniques) that I will need to wrap my head around the when caring for her natural hair health.  So far she doesn't have much of a hair regimen because she's only 4 months.  But I have been saturating her hair and scalp with olive oil before washing it to get rid of her cradle cap.  Other than that, I just shampoo with her baby shampoo and lay her head on one of my satin scarves when she sleeps at night. I don't know when the appropriate time would be to get a real regimen started for her, but I'm looking forward to finding all this out.

Happy New Year Everyone!
What are you looking forward to this year?

Labels: