Week 15 of My 24 Week Relaxer Stretch | Flexi Rod Set

Still aiming for stretched and detangled new growth, I opted for a flexirod set (click here for my tutorial) after last week's blow out.  Putting my hair on the flexi rods forces me to go throughout my entire head in small sections to detangle, thus ensuring that I remove the shed hairs.

My Wash Day.  It started with an overnight pre-poo using Chi Infra Treatment, olive oil and castor oil.  The next morning I rinsed and cowashed with As I Am Coconut Cleansing CoWash Conditioner.  The Silk Elements KeraMinerals Smoothing Conditioner was my deep conditioner.  Over the last few weeks, I've been sampling the other deep conditioners from my last haul and boy have I missed this DC.  Just like I remembered it is so wonderful to my hair and the slip was great for detangling under running water.  I air dried with a T-shirt, then proceeded to set my hair on yellow flexi rods applying Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter Leave-in and ORS Smooth~n~Hold Pudding to my hair.  (I'm not sure that I mentioned this before but I am loving the EQP Olive Oil Mango Butter Leave-in!)


I chose to use end papers this time because the ends of my hair weren't staying wrapped around the flexirod and this was a great way to secure them.  Plus, I was pretty sure that I would be going under the hooded dryer at some point to speed up drying time and wanted to protect my ends from the heat. Once my hair dried, I removed the flexi rods and carefully separated each spiral into 2 to 3 separate spirals for added volume.  Finally, I massaged my scalp to blur the parts and make it look like the spirals grow from my scalp like this and voila! 


Mid-week Refresh.  Before this wash day, I did the GHE/Baggy method to moisturize my hair since I couldn't squeeze in an extra cowash.  I moisturized with the Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in Conditioning Treatment and sealed with my Olive Oil/Castor Oil mix, then went to bed with a plastic cap and satin scarf.  I woke up with damp hair and so I sprayed my hair with Aphogee Green Tea and Keratin Restructurizer before putting my hair into a low ponytail. 

Labels: , , , , ,