Weeks 18 & 19 of My 6 Month Relaxer Stretch | The All Stars.

Last week's braid out was ruined by a run in with some serious rain.  I tried to salvage it by re-braiding that night but that was a fail.  I ended up having to cowash to reset and air dry in a bun.   Since then I haven't done anything but air dry into a bun.  I'll be 20 weeks post relaxer this Friday and the plan is to straighten my hair.  I don't know when the last time I did that was, but I think I deserve it for making it this far with no heat.  Plus, I really need to get rid of my shed hairs.  My most recent wash day took a lot longer to detangle because of matting.

Wash Day Recaps
Tuesday or Wednesday - Week 18
Cleansed - As I Am Coconut Cowash Cleansing Conditioner just to reset my hair.
T-Shirt Dried
Leave-in Moisturizer - Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter Leave-In
Edges - ORS Smooth n Hold Pudding
Air dried in a bun.

Sunday - Week 18
Pre-Shampoo - Proclaim Intense Hydrating Masque (2 hours)
Cleanse - As I Am Coconut Cowash Cleansing Conditioner
Quick Protein - CHI Infra Treatment (5 minutes)
T-Shirt Dried
Detangled - ORS Kids Detangling Leave-In
Leave-in Moisturizer - Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter Leave-In
Edges - ECO Styler Argan Oil Gel
Air dried in a bun.


Monday - Week 19
Pre-Shampoo - Proclaim Intense Hydrating Masque (2 hours)
Cleanse - As I Am Coconut Cowash Cleansing Conditioner
Quick Protein - CHI Infra Treatment (5 minutes)
T-Shirt Dried
Detangled with ORS Kids Detangling Leave-In  
Leave-in Moisturizer - Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter Leave-In
Edges - ECO Styler Argan Oil Gel
Air dried in a bun.

Thus far, the all-stars have been:
That Eco Styler Argan Oil Gel has been coming through for me lately.  At some point I've got to show you a before and after with this new growth at my edges.  Without some sort of serious holding gel, I probably would have relaxed by now.

The Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter Leave-In is so moisturizing.  It moisturizes and smooths my new growth and relaxed air dried hair perfectly.  Honestly this is the best moisturizer that I have used to date.  

The ORS Kids Detangling Leave-in is the only reason I made through the detangling sessions these past two weeks, especially last night -- that was rough.  Detangling has been pretty crucial in that back section above my nape, but this detangler (which I initially bought for my daughter) has been a life/hair saver.

The As I Am Coconut Cleansing Cowash is a gentle cleanser that assists with detangling in the shower.  I've noticed that regular shampoos at this stage of my stretch have been too drying and create tangles for me.  But I am noticing some build up so I will be shampooing/clarifying next wash day.

Apple Cidar Vinegar Rinses (1 part apple cider vinegar to 3 parts water) after deep conditioning have helped with the smoothness of my air dried hair, especially when using a deep conditioner that doesn't do much for my hair beyond moisturize it (see Proclaim Intense Hydrating Masque).  No shade to Proclaim Intense Hydrating Masque because my hair is moisturized after using it, BUT I need a bit more assistance (smoothing, slip, softness, etc) when I'm dealing with two textures the way I have been near the end of this relaxer stretch.  

What are your favorite hair products to use when you are deep into a relaxer stretch?

Labels: , , ,