Weeks 23 and 24 of My 6 Month Stretch | Preparing for Relaxer Day!


I've been a bad blogger, you guys.  Not only am I behind on updating you, but I can not for the life of me remember what I did with my hair for the first wash day of week 23.  I know that I did a flexi rod set again and I wore that for 5 days.  I know I deep conditioned (because I always do), but I can't remember if I shampooed, did a protein treatment or what products I used.  And did I take any hair pictures? ...nope.  Sigh.  Thankfully I was at an event where people were taking pictures all over the place, so I was able to crop some people out to show you the results of the flexi rod set (I apologize, in advance, for the picture quality).  And because I have no clue what I did, I had to do (or re do) my full relaxer prep wash day before I relaxed my hair.


Last Wash Day on this 6  month Stretch:  I started with a Hot Oil Treatment (JBCO and EVOO) and put my hair into four braids.  Next I shampooed with Shea Moisture JBCO Shampoo, which I have to admit is growing on me.  I quickly did a protein treatment with the Aphogee 2 minute Reconstructor.  And deep conditioned overnight with KeraMinerals Smoothing Deep Conditioner overnight, which I LOVE.  My hair felt amazing after rinsing this product out of my hair.  I T-Shirt Dried then detangled with the ORS Detangling spray.  My leave-ins were Aphogee Green Tea and Keratin Restructurizer, GVP The Conditioner and Proclaim Spray On Glosser.  I chose to blow dry my hair this time so that my hair would be easy to part for relaxer day, but it didn't get as straight as I had hoped so I also flat ironed it.  I focused on my previously relaxed hair and flat ironed in large sections (maybe 10 total).  I just needed it to be straight enough to easily distinguish my new growth in preparation for relaxer day.



And there you have it, 24 weeks worth of new growth.  whew! What a stretch.

Thanks for following along with me on this relaxer stretch!  The full relaxer update should be up next week.  

Labels: , , , ,