Checking My Length and My Ends | January 2016 Wash Day

Last weekend was the half way point of my relaxer stretch and I have been doing a really good job of not using any heat on my hair, so with the new year upon me, I decided to blow dry and flat iron my hair to see how my hair was doing.  I was curious about my length, but even more importantly I wanted to check on my ends.  

Wash Day Routine.
I've been sampling out this new Pre-Poo combination of Aloe Vera Juice and Wheat Germ Oil.  So far I'm liking it.  I let it sit on my hair for 20 minutes before rinsing. I shampooed with Shea Moisture's JBCO shampoo and deep conditioned with my current fave, Silk Elements KeraMinerals Smoothing Deep Conditioner, for 30 minutes.  After rinsing and allowing it to t-shirt dry for 5-10 minutes, I applied GVP The Conditioner and CHI Silk Infusion to my hair.  I blow dried with my new blow dryer (which I'll tell you more about on a later date).  Even though I was 13 weeks post relaxer I wasn't too concerned with getting my roots super straight so I went with slightly larger sections for flat ironing (larger than 1 inch sections to flat iron).  But I did have the flat iron was turned all the way up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit spraying my hair with Proclaim Spray On Glosser just before flat ironing each section.  

The Results.

When I was done, I recorded a video of my length check (above).  In my haste to get the video recorded and get out the door, I didn't take a still picture for comparison.  And I'm still kicking myself for the brain fart.  But below you'll find my attempt at screen shooting a still from the video, but if you want to see how my ends are and where my hair is overall compared to my October 2015 length check watch the quick 1-minute video above.  


With maybe an inch of growth and my ends looking to be in decent shape, I am extremely happy with where my hair is half way into this relaxer stretch.  I plan to keep up my current wash schedule and hopefully with my next length check I will see continued success with maintaining my ends and adding length.

Have you joined the #WashDayExperience? How was your most recent wash day?


Labels: , ,