Slip? What's That?


With the increased length of my relaxer stretches a few things have increased in importance to me and one of them has been slip.  I always heard people get excited about a product (particularly deep conditioners) when they had slip.  But as a relaxed head I didn't get what all the fuss was about.  However, after having several long detangling sessions due to having two textures and a fragile line of demarcation, I am all about some slip.  I started looking at my deep conditioning stash with a whole new lens.  All of sudden I needed slip and I needed it immediately!

So, what exactly is slip?  Well, it is exactly what it sounds like.  It's when you put a hair product/deep conditioner on your hair and it makes your hair slippery.  It allows your fingers and/or your detangling comb to slip right through your hair strands with a lot less resistance.  It allows your shed hairs to slip right out of your hair.  It is just one of those things that you really don't care about one way or the other when you can detangle with relative ease.

I know what you're thinking, this is great!  How do I get my hands on a hair product with more slip?   Well the easiest way is to buy a detangling product, they are meant to give us the slip we're looking for.  But if you are like me and want slip/detangled hair before you get to the end of your wash day, then you're going to want slip in your deep conditioner as well.  Sadly, I haven't been able to find a particular element or ingredient in deep conditioners that let me know whether it will have slip (but if you have, please let me know down below).   It has mostly been trial, error and comparison.  But I do know that if I see that a product is touted as great for detangling or is marketed as smoothing, then I know there's hope for it to have slip.   So far my hands down best deep conditioner with slip has been Silk Elements KeraMinerals Smoothing Deep Conditioner and my fave detangler (well really its the only detangled that I've tried, lol) has been ORS Kids Detangler.  But like a true hair product junky, I want more! lol. 
Here's my most recent purchase on my quest for more slip (I haven't tried it yet).
Which hair products have you used that have amazing slip?

Labels: ,