How To: Self Trim (slight U shape) Part 2

I washed, deep conditioned, blow dried, flat ironed and trimmed my hair on the last day of 2011.

Products used:
GVP PM Tea Tree Shampoo
Nexxus Humectress
Roux 619 Extra Strength (pH Leave-in)
GVP PM The Conditioner (Moisturizing Leave-in)
Chi Silk Infusion (Heat Protectant and Serum)
Proclaim Spray On Glosser

I blow dried my hair in four sections on the low heat setting with a comb attachment.  Then using the comb chase method, I flat ironed on a heat setting half way between 300 and 370 (hopefully 335) degrees F.  When it was all said and done I was left with this:

It was finally time to get rid of those see through ends.

Below see how I trimmed my hair...



Step 1 - Create two pigtails while looking up at the ceiling:

Step 2 - Still looking up at the ceiling, pull the ponytail holders down to the ends (make sure they're even with each other and that the hair is secure):

Step 3 - Making sure that both ends are even, cut the ends on both pigtails with sharp hair cutting shears (you don't want split ends from dull scissors):

Once you make those cuts your hair will be in a wide V-shape (If you want a steep V-Shape look at the floor when making the pigtails in steps 1-3 ... and straight ahead if you want something in between the two):

Step 4 - To make this V into a U, put your hair into a low ponytail and pull the ponytail holder down your ends:

Step 5 - Securely holding the hair in the ponytail holder, bring your hair around to the front to cut the longest hairs at the end:

After that you're all done!





2010 trim vs 2011 trim:


I lost the title BSL, but I know I'll be back there in no time. 
Thanks for reading and Happy Hair Growing!


Click here for more on Self-Trimming in a Steep U shape.

Labels: , , , , ,