Rollersetting in February - Recap

It's about time for an update on the rollersetting challenge.  This month there was a mini challenge to create an updo; but I didn't have the confidence in my skills to attempt that one, especially with the amount of new growth I was dealing with for most of this month.   Check out the results, products used and my thoughts on the rollersets that I did attempt this month.


#1 - Silk Wrap

Rollerset #1
Shampoo: GVP* Tea Tree Shampoo, Nexxus Therrape.
Deep Condition: Nexxus Humectress.
Leave-in Conditioner: GVP* The Conditioner.
Serum/Oil: Redken Heat Glide, Vatika Oil.
Style -- Silk Wrap straight into a Bun:  My new growth was not cooperating.   I tried Redken Heat Glide after this rollerset because I thought it might be a good serum to "silk-ify" my silk wrap, but I wasn't impressed.  I even added Vatika Oil hoping for a last minute save, unfortunately I had no such luck with this attempt.  It was buns all week for me.

#2 - Magnetic Rollers
 

Rollerset #2 - Last wash before my relaxer.
Shampoo: GVP Tea Tree Shampoo.
Protein: Aphogee 2 minute Keratin Reconstructor.
Leave in Conditioner: GVP The Conditioner.
Style - Kept the curls and pinned on side back.  

Rollerset #3 - See relaxer update #4 for pics
Shampoo: Mizani Phormula 7 Neutralizing/Chelating Shampoo, Elasta QP Stop Action Neutralizing Shampoo with Color Alarms.
Deep Conditioner: GVP Conditoning Balm for an hour.
Leave-in Conditioner: Aphogee Green Tea Keratin Spray.
Style - Rollerset and finger combed into a high bun for bed.  Hair was still damp when I removed the rollers but surprisingly my hair was only a little frizzy.  

#3 Reloaded
 

 


Rollerset #3 Reloaded -
Style - Caruso Set done to add curls for a fun day out and then done another day for a night out.  I just hit it with a Sebastian Shaper Spray as I removed the rollers.  These Caruso Rollers are by far the best part about the rollersetting challenge for me.  They are quick, easy and yield cute hair styles for me.  I hope that they are good for the hair and not damaging or anything like that because I think I'm in love.


*GVP = generic value products sold at Sallys Beauty Supply only.

Labels: , , ,